Sunday 6 March 2016

Snowy Saturday

Saturday 5th March 2016

Before I even opened up today I had a visit from another member of staff - this time from  Clayton. Very nice lady but she wasn't sure how she was meant to cover Silverdale on Saturdays as she is only working 3 hours per week and it's open 4 hours. Still, I went through everything again- opening, closing, cashing up etc. etc. I have a feeling I'll be telling somebody this stuff every day until I leave!



I had an email asking staff to display the notice here. It's telling customers that pretty soon people from the community could be accessing their data that we hold on file for them. I guess library records do have a lot of sensitive data - with names, dates of birth, addresses mobile phone numbers. I think a few customers might be worried.

It was a pretty busy morning once my visitor had gone and the library was open. Mr C was picking his horses - but aid it wasn't a good day as due to the weather there were quite a few non-runners.

Amelia - one of the local councillors popped in to see the baby mats and 2 wooden changing tables that she'd ordered for use in the library. The Parish Council had agreed to pay for them. Then she rushed off in a hurry and told me they were easy to put together! I'm not sure when I'll get chance to do that! The Coffee Tots will need them on Monday.




My Blast from the Past is a photo I took a couple of years ago. I don't now what I was trying to get - but it made me laugh to see the customer behind the shelves and the face on the book. It's just perfect! I wish I could remember who it was now!

No comments:

Post a Comment