Saturday 26 March 2016

Goodbye Poets!

Thursday 24th March 2016

My Beautiful Scrapbook
What an awesome but sad day! It was the final session of the Keele Poets at Silverdale class before their end of term. Caroline arrived early with cake and I had put out some little Easter Eggs for them when I set out the room. She had asked them all to bring a poetic passage from Shakespeare to read out to the rest of the class - as a "gift poem".

When they had a break at eleven o'clock, Caroline called me in and gave a little speech to say thank-you for all I'd done for them and said they'll miss me when I've gone. They gave me the most beautiful scrapbook - full of photos of all the projects and events we've done together at Silverdale. Some of them had even written me poems. I was so thrilled! Caroline did warn me not to look at it until I got home as it would make me cry. She was right.

I did have chocolate cake too - and had a chunk of Miranda's wonderful fruit cake too!


SO many cards and presents!
Thank-You Megan!
I have so many cards and presents already. After today, I do only have a day and a half to work. I am trying not to think about it. It's going to be even more emotional next Thursday when I have my day-long tea party for all my lovely customers.

It's so sad.



Caroline was also kind enough to stay with me at the counter over lunchtime - as no-one turned up to cover my lunch today. it gave me chance to go to the loo and grab something to eat! I do hope that there'll be someone to open the library for the poets when they come back for their next term!







No comments:

Post a Comment