Monday 14 March 2016

Finding the past...

Saturday 12th March 2016


Silverdale - the library and the book
Had a lovely Saturday morning. Lots of the regulars came in.

Nathan came with me to work today - as we are off to Yorkshire as soon as I finish at 1pm. He took some nice photos of my library - so I won't forget what it looked like. After today I only will work four and a half days. My time here is running out so fast!

Mr. C was in as usual. He was telling N about when he was a boy and lived in Grantham - in the next street to Mrs Thatcher's father's shop. He really enjoyed living there during the war as the place was full of Americans. He remembers so well the first time he saw sticks of gum when they gave him some.


French Visit :-)
I also opened the old lockers in the staffroom. I had no idea what was in them - but found old diaries going back years and old finance books and those quaint old floppy discs! I had a flip through some of the diaries - starting in 1992. In fact the Blast from the Past photo today is from that diary. It was quite sweet to see that the local primary school brought their visiting French guests to the library for an afternoon. I'm sue they would have been impressed!




Me at the counter - before opening time :-)



My Beautiful Library

No comments:

Post a Comment