Monday 14 March 2016

Saying goodbye...

Monday 14th March 2016

It was the final PEEPS session today - and the lady running it had more families than she expected I think the Health Visitors had been bigging up her course. There was quite a noisy session - one baby was taken home as he really didn't want to be there. He was very loud :-0


Busy at the counter
Mr. G was in - he is planning a holiday to Malta for next month and it isn't going smoothly! Each time he comes in to logon to check the details they have changed the flight or the time - or something else. He told me that he doesn't like just lying on a beach - so he's going to be exploring the back streets and hidden gems of Malta. I am the same - prefer a good city break to a beach holiday.
It sounds like it will be fun :-)

Mr. C was in studying form - he is really looking forward to the Cheltenham Festival which starts this week. I don't know much about it - so couldn't really offer any guidance. I used to listen to Radio 4 on the way in to work - and then pass on their racing tips as my own! He never took my advice - even when they occasionally came in first!

It was a gorgeous sunny Spring day. There was a coach setting off from the car park behind the library and as usual half the people getting on it decided they needed a visit to the loo. As the Public Toilets in Silverdale have been closed for ages - they came in to use my customer toilet. One after another, after another...

I discovered that they were off to Eastbourne - so I guess it's fair enough as that is quite a journey.
This afternoon I had my Book Group 2 in the meeting rooms. This is the one run by the local Health Centre - for people who've had life-changing injuries or illnesses. It is always well-attended. Today I had got them copies of Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn - but the lady who run it came back to the counter and told me they'd all read it before!


Personal Signed Copy
Luckily I had a back-up and swapped them for copies of The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. They seem quite impressed by that one! I felt quite sad that it was the last book I would choose for them. Someone at Newcastle has been given the task of getting book sets for them in the future.

F came from Newcastle to cover my lunch. She had to come at 11am - as she had to cover Clayton and get her own lunch too at some point. She brought me a leaving card from C - who has covered a lot of lunches before now. It was sad to think that there are so many people to say goodbye to. Also, later Mrs B came in and waited while I came back from my lunch so that she could give me a card and chocolates. I really don't like this ...


My Blast from the Past is a photo of the copy of Tabby McTat that Julia Donaldson signed for N when she came to Silverdale. It has pride of place on our book shelves!







No comments:

Post a Comment