Saturday 26 March 2016

It's the Final Countdown...

Saturday 26th March 2016

It is my final half-day - as I only have Thursday left now - my very last day!
Spent the quiet bit of the morning tidying the office and making sure all the Health and Safety checks were up-to-date. I have to check the fire alarm and emergency lighting every week and the water temperatures every month. I also got the invoices for the room hire sorted and sent off to Cheryl - the Admin Queen at Newcastle.

I think everything is in order ready to hand it over to.. well I'm not sure who! I have no idea who will be on duty on Friday next week - in fact they haven't told me when or where to hand over my keys when I lock up for the final time on Thursday afternoon.

Pirates from 2011

Amelia the local councillor popped in with her daughter Lily. She has been bringing her in since she was a tiny baby. They used to come to Baby Bounce and Rhyme when I ran those sessions. Had to stop when Tracy left and wasn't replaced. We used to have a great time singing the Pirate Song - I even had a Pirate Hat to wear while we did it. It was always my favourite!

You can watch a video of it being performed by some girl scouts if you want to know what it was like :-) 

http://tinyurl.com/jj6qrsx

So, Lily had bought me a card and a lolly and some sweets with her pocket money.
I was really touched - especially when I read what she wrote in her card!

Crossword Guy aka Mr S also popped in. He had brought me a Good Luck card and some Swiss chocolates to  say thanks for all the crossword help over the years. He didn't think he could make the Tea Party on Thursday - as he has a busy week coming up.
The rest of the morning was really busy! I had to help a chap print out some insurance documents that were being difficult and not co-operating! Another man wanted to send a message to his daughter and grand-daughter in Dubai - via Facebook. Mr. M also came in to give me a photo that he took of me last week when I was sitting at the counter. It's great - I will add it to my amazing Silverdale Scrapbook.

So before I get too sad - here is the place I might apply to for a job after this week ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment