Sunday 31 January 2016

Busy Saturday

Saturday 30th January 2016

I was rushed off my feet today! I had queues at the counter as well as people waiting around to use a computer. We have five public computers in Silverdale and usually they are well used with people spaced out over the day.

The boys enjoying their Putin game
However, today I had some boys in that I haven't seen in the library since back in the summer when they did the Summer Reading Challenge. I was really pleased to see them back in. All three went on the computers - after being reminded of their PINs to get back on. It was so nice to see them all playing the same game - yet being so well behaved. I'm not sure what the game was - I hadn't seen it before. It seemed to involve a grid background with coloured balls bouncing around the screen. In the middle floated pictures of Vladimir Putin or Barack Obama! It looked like fun anyway :-)


 


More good news - today Mr. C came back in! He replied to my text last night to say he'd had a bad back so hadn't been out much all week. It was lovely to see him back and choosing his horses once more.... and he brought me some chocolate biscuits too!

My Blast from the Past is a photo of one of my favourite book titles! It makes me smile every time I go past it on the shelf. I know some staff at Newcastle have a competition to try to find the most ridiculous Mills and Boons titles - but I love the ones that are lines from or titles of song.

There are quite a lot of them :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment