Friday 15 January 2016

Bards in the Bog...

Friday 14th January

Just half a day on Fridays - we're open 1pm - 4.30pm. It was pretty quiet as it had snowed today. Only two Knit & Natter ladies made it in. None of my regular customers came in - so I couldn't take any photos. Instead I have taken one of the sunny yellow daffodils that the poets brought me in yesterday. I have them on my counter and they cheer me up!

Had printer problems today - just before closing time. I  was worried as if it didn't get sorted right away then I'd have no printing all day Saturday! Also, just before it happened someone rang to ask if they could print out an important document as their own printer had broken! I'd assured him that if he joined the library he could use the computers and print out what he needed.

When he got here I told him there was a problem, and while he filled in his form to join, I called the ICT help desk in Stafford. They told me to switch the printer (which is also my photocopier and scanner) off while they looked at the problem.

I told my new customer that by the time I'd put his details into out system and he'd logged into our public PC, then I was sure the problem would be fixed. I was a little anxious as there was literally 5 minutes left. I need not have worried though - he downloaded his document I got a phone call back from Stafford to ask me to switch back on and try it again. Lo and behold the printer was fixed and the document printed out in time. My new customer was very pleased and grateful.
Thanks ICT Help Desk Guy!!

My Blast from the Pat today is from March 2014, when the Poets group, who meet in the library every Thursday, asked if they could do a special project for the library. They called it "Bards in the Bog" and they each wrote a poem about toilets and then displayed them in the loo! In fact they are still there! They have proved very popular with my customers - many stay in there much longer than usual - as they are reading the poems. Some are very funny! Maybe I should take one home when I leave - then I can have one in my loo too!

No comments:

Post a Comment