Sunday 31 January 2016

Want to work for nothing?

Friday 29th January 2016

Advertising for my replacements...
 Came in today to find leaflets and posters all over the counter and walls asking for volunteers to work in my library. I knew this was coming, of course, in fact they need to get a move on if they want people to be in place after I leave on 31st March. But, it is still upsetting to see it right in front of me all the time.

I don't know how many volunteers they want to cover for me - but I think it would be a few, if they only want to do a few hours each week. I guess time will tell.

I did have to put the leaflets out in the foyer and on the windowsills - so I didn't have to see them ALL the time.

Am still worried about Mr C - no sign of him today. I decided to text him to see if he was okay. I asked him if needed any emergency whisky bringing over!
Yummy individual Bakewell



I did have one thing to cheer me up today - one of the aforementioned Co-op Bakewell tarts. Delicious as ever!

The Knit and Natterers were in today - they were working on knitted toys for children. I was quite excited that I had a new book in for them - but they were not impressed! Maybe Easy Knits for Babies was insultingly basic for ladies with such experience! I won't make that mistake again :-)

My Blast from the Past today is from when my former colleague at Silverdale, Tracy and I did our first Race for Life - as part of the Book Group. We were joined by my good friend Janet and Tracy's sister - Dawn. It was back in June 2013 - after I'd recovered from my cancer treatment and was back at work. We do it every year now!

The Book Group - with medals!








No comments:

Post a Comment