Monday 1 February 2016

Only two months left...

Monday 1st February

Can't believe it is February already, That means only two months more at my precious Silverdale. It was only a half day today too - as I had my consultant appointment at the hospital this afternoon. It's four years since I had my cancer treatment - and I am down to check-ups every six months now. This should be my final year - as you get discharged after Year 5.

The morning was a typical Monday one - Mr. S aka Crossword Guy was in with his clipboard. Today he was stuck on a town in the Auvergne area of France - turned out to be Vichy. The new PEEPS parenting class was back in - with some rather fractious babies today! The organiser came out of the room at the end and apologised for the noise. It was fine - quite tame compared to Coffee Tots! She said she was off home for a lie down!

Mr. C was in too - had a chat while he waited for the bus to Newcastle to appear. We were chatting about the Real Marigold Hotel programme on BBC2 - where some celebrity pensioners go to see of they can live in India. He was amused by Miriam Margolis's left-wing tendencies.



My photo today is of Mr and Mrs G, who always come in together. Mr. G is into crime and Mrs G. loves a good family saga. Neither of them have been well recently - but they are always concerned about my health and future.

They were happy to pose for a photo for me - Mr. G even took off his hat :-)  I'm going to miss them so much!



Voodoo Librarian
Today's Blast from the Past is rather a spooky one... this is a present I received from one of the ladies in the Lace-Making Class - which has been happening for years on Tuesday afternoons. It was made by the lady's sister and won a competition for crafts (or something)

It is meant to be a Librarian - but it scares the heck out of me. In fact, since it has been in the library things started going downhill with the funding etc.. but I was always too superstitious to throw it away. It might find it's own way back...

No comments:

Post a Comment