Friday 26 February 2016

Time to Fly Away?


Friday 26th February 2016

Had another lovely afternoon at Silverdale. The Knit and Natter ladies all arrived and I got them some chocolate chip cookies to go with their tea and coffees today.

Before they arrived I set up a new display for them with our latest knitting books. :-)

One lady wanted to share a baby's blanket pattern from a very old magazine with the rest of the group. I carefully photocopied it in colour for them. The copies looked much better than the original!

 It was really busy on the computers too. Two different people were printing out Ryan Air boarding passes (lucky them!) One woman was panicking - as hers wouldn't print no matter how many times she tried! I got her to login on a different PC and it worked from there. She was very grateful!

Messy Co-op!
Another customer asked me to help him apply for Universal Credit - as he'd been told by the Job Centre that is what he needed to do. They just said - "Do it online!" so naturally he came to the library! I got him to fill the form in on the computer - put when he tried to submit it - it just said that he wasn't eligible for it. Didn't give any reason for that - so all I could tell him was ring the Job Centre again. I don't like it when I can't solve people's problems :-(

My Blast from the Past is a photo I took in 2012 behind the library. It is also the area behind the Co-op and they had been letting it get very messy with rubbish and old loaves of bread strewn everywhere. I took this so that I could go round to complain and confront them with the evidence! They did tidy up a bit! Actually, they have a new manager now and he is much better at keeping it clean.









No comments:

Post a Comment