Friday 5 February 2016

Book Sale

Friday 5th February 2016

It's Friday - which means a 1pm start today. First job - sort out the room for the Knit and Natter ladies and get the tea on! They start to arrive the minute I unlock the door and when I take their tea and biscuits down to them, they are already sorting out a tricky stitch problem for one of them. She said "If you hear screaming - then it's because I just can't get it!" I left them to it!

Did you want any Katie Flynn?
Another regular came in - he never borrows books but just comes in to peruse the Book Sale trolley. I have quite a few on there at the moment as there has been a lot of weeding going on recently. Next week we have to do a complete stock count - so Farida from Newcastle has been helping to get rid of old and grubby stock - or things that are just not going out.

Today he found so much on there that he had to ring his wife to ask what she had read out of the ones he'd found. "What would we do without mobile phones?" he said sheepishly when he'd finished his call.

It was a pleasant afternoon. Had to help one guy on the computer to upload a scan of his driving licence as he was completing an online CRB type check. We use our multi-tasking networked photocopier for this - and I have a spare memory stick for anyone who needs to upload CVs and the like to online forms and applications. I just make sure they delete everything and give it me back at the end. I have been told that I have saved people's skins many times :-)

There was student in printing out applications for university and another regular who had forgotten her headphones so borrowed a spare set from the counter.


Love this tattoo design
We do have a lot of different things printed out and photocopied.

My Blast from the Past today is a photo of a design that someone printed out for their new tattoo - then left a copy of it in the machine. I really like it - love Rosie the Riveter - so I pinned it to my noticeboard behind the counter.

This must have been over two years ago as Tracy was with me. Anyway, a few weeks ago a young chap came in and saw it on the wall behind me - then proceeded to lift up his shirt to show me that he had the exact same tattoo!! Very nice it was too :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment