Friday 19 February 2016

The Girl in the Hello Kitty Pyjamas

Friday 19th February 2016

I do get some lovely customers in Silverdale - but also some strange ones too! I guess being open to the public and having a nice warm building with places to sit and things to occupy you we are bound to get a variety of people in.

Pyjama Party :-)
Today I had quite a regular lady who pops in the use the computers and also the scanner. I always help her scan her documents and lend her a memory stick so that she can email them where thy need to go. It just seems a little odd that she comes in wearing Hello Kitty pyjamas! They are very nice ones - it just makes me smile!

I also had another regular who comes in rather the worse for wear sometimes. Today he really did smell of drink - in fact I think we were all reeling from the alcohol fumes by the time he went out. He does need a lot of help when he's in - as he seems a bit reluctant to engage with computers - even though he has to use them for his job-seeking. I had to show him again how to attach his CV to an email so he could apply for a job. I told him he needed to write a message too - to let the person know who he was and what he as applying for - but he didn't want to do that. He said he just needed to be able to prove he had sent it - so it was in his Sent Items - to satisfy the Job Centre!

Even though it was the last day of half-term the Knit and Natterers were in! In fact, we had two new members join the group today. One lady had come in yesterday to ask me about it. She was stuck on the last bit of crocheting a jumper and asked if the ladies would be able to help her. I told her that they loved helping people out with their projects but I wasn't sure if they'd be in today - due to it being half-term and quite a few of them having to look after grandchildren.


Flowers galore!
However - a few of them turned up and made the two new ladies very welcome. There was loads of laughing going on when I went down the with the tea and Twix bars for them. I think the newbies will be coming back next week. In honour of the group I have fished out a photo for my Blast from the Past - it's of all the flowers that adorn my noticeboard and carry on up the library walls and towards the exit. Many done by Tracy when she was running the group. They are a great advert for them as so many people ask me about them when they are at the counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment